EPA PRESENTS WINNERS OF 2014 AD PERSONAM AWARD
On 4 and 5 June, the 2014 edition of the World Research and Innovation Congress took place in Brussels. The event was hosted by Eureka, an intergovernmental organisation focused on industrial research and development.
WRIC is an event powered by Research Media Ltd, author of International Innovation, a publication focusing on innovation and research. Structured in an intense two-days programme, once a year the WRIC brings together researchers, policy makers, funders and everyone else who has a stake in nowadays health research.
In the framework of this initiative, Katarina Sipic, Secretary General of the European Projects Association, publically presented the activities of the organisation and the results of 2014 Nomination Campaign. Partner of Research Media Ltd since 2012 , EPA plays an important role in enhancing the network of the research and innovation stakeholders through a set of quality tools and services. Cross actor in every sector of European Projects Development, EPA has a special consideration for the scientific and medical field.
Part of the European Projects Awards, this Nomination Campaign aimed to highlight the work done by individuals who had a positive impact on the field of European Projects Development.
The winners of this edition are 13. All of them come from different backgrounds, but are brought together by their outstanding achievements in the sector.
The rewarded individuals of EPA 2014 Nomination Campaign are the following:
- Ivan Jakovčić, elected Member of European Parliament (Croatia)
- Anna Maria Darmanin, Chair of the Single Market Observatory of the European Economic and Social Committee (Malta)
- Jerald Cavanagh and Padraig Kirby, Institute Librarian and Senior Library of the Limerick Institute of Technology (Ireland)
- Erradi Noureddine, Chairman of IEA (Belgium)
- Enrique López Veloso, Director of the International Office of the University of Santiago de Compostela (Spain)
- Gregory Makrides, Director of Research and International Relations of the University of Cyprus and President of the Cyprus Mathematical Society (Cypus)
- Peter Kaiser, Governor of Land Kaernten (Austria)
- Philippe Mestre, Director of EGTC Eurorégion Pyrénées Méditerranée (France/Spain)
- Gian Angelo Bellati, Secretary General of Unioncamere del Veneto (Italy)
- Niki-Eleni Nomidou, Founder and President of Sofpsi N.Serron, Association of families for the menthal health of Serres (Greece)
- Geoffrey Saliba, Project Manager of Malta Business Bureau (Malta)
- Jan Turna, General Director of Slovak Centre of Scientific and Technical Information (Slovakia)
The official Awarding Ceremony is scheduled for October 7. In this occasion, best project ideas, ongoing and concluded projects will also be rewarded.
EUROPEAN PROJECTS ASSOCIATION THANKS YOU FOR YOUR EFFORTS IN BUILDING A BETTER SOCIETY!